Still have no plans for Valentine’s Day? No worries! Whether it’s a romantic night with your significant other or a girls’ night out, here are some of the best places in Chi-Town to celebrate the loves of your life. And the best part is that they won’t break the bank, so you’ll still have plenty of money to buy those booties you’ve been eyeing.
- Parlor Pizza Bar—A quaint restaurant with a cozy atmosphere located in the West Loop. The extensive menu full of unique pizza concoctions is sure to please all pizza lovers. However if you’re not a huge pizza fan, some other favorites include calamari, the Parlor Chicken Sandwich, a kale cobb salad and brussel sprouts. Parlor also serves a wide range of beers and specialty cocktails if you’re interested in a boozy V-Day.
- RPM Italian—Former E! News host and Fashion Police correspondent Giuliana Rancic and her husband Bill own this restaurant, so you know it’s not only tasty, but also super trendy. The dark colors and dim lighting are perfect for a romantic dinner. The menu is filled with authentic Italian favorites, including an RPM speciality, Mama Depandi’s Bucatini. Portions are on the smaller side, so be sure to order a few appetizers or entrees if you’re really hungry. Be sure to save room for the Hazelnut Tartufo, too! It’s essentially a giant Ferrero Rocher with gelato inside. Good is an understatement.
- Cantina Laredo—Located right off the Grand Red Line stop on State Street, Cantina Laredo provides some of the most authentic Mexican food in town. It’s featuring a special Valentine’s Day menu February 12-14 with a three-course meal at $35 per person. If you choose to forgo that menu, some well-known must-haves include the Top Shelf Guacamole made fresh at your table, Fajitas de Camarones and Tacos de Carnitas. Tequila is Cantina Laredo’s specialty, so be sure to take a look at its extensive margarita menu.
- Sushi Dokku—As another West Loop favorite, the super trendy atmosphere ensures you’ll have a great time. It’s never-ending menu full of sushi, noodles and specialty cocktails guarantees that there’s something for everyone.
- DMK Burger Bar—This Lakeview-area restaurant is the perfect spot if you’re looking for classics like burgers, fries and shakes. Its 16 handcrafted burger choices include favorites like the Roasted Hatch Green Chile with a fried farm egg, Sonoma jack and smoked bacon. DMK’s specialty fries are also to-die for, including the Parmesan, Truffle Cream fries.
By: Bethany Stokoski